Aurora's Green Bean Casserole
This side dish is very good served piping hot or at room temperature.
It also doubles well, so go ahead and make more!
- 1 lb
- whole green beans, cleaned - fresh or frozen
- 1 gal
- boiling water
- 1 gal
- ice water
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 pkg
- grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 clove
- garlic, minced
- olive oil
- cracked pepper
(FOR BLANCHING THE GREEN BEANS)
How to Make Aurora's Green Bean Casserole
- 1Blanch the green beans (fresh or frozen)by dropping them into rapidly boiling, salted water. Boil for 3 minutes. Remove from boiling water and plunge immediately into the ice water. Let it cool for an additional 3 minutes. Remove the beans from the ice water and dry on a clean kitchen towel.
- 2Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- 3Rub the inside of a small casserole pan with some of the olive oil. Arrange the beans in the pan. Distribute the sliced grape tomatoes over the beans. Sprinkle the minced garlic over all. Season with freshly ground salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle additional olive oil over the beans. Toss lightly.
- 4Cover the casserole pan tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour. Remove the foil and continue baking for an additional 10 minutes.