Aunt Mattie's Candied Sweet Potatoes
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbsweet potatoes, peeled and cooked
1 cdried apricots, cooked and drained, reserve 1/4 cup liquid
1/4 cliquid drained from apricots after cooking
1 cbrown sugar, packed
1/4 cbutter, melted
1 tspgrated orange peel
1/4 cchopped walnuts or pecans
How to Make Aunt Mattie's Candied Sweet Potatoes
- Follow package directions for rehydrating/cooking dried apricots.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thick slices. Arrange in casserole dish that has been greased.
- Cover sweet potato slices with a layer of apricots.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Repeat layers.
- Combine melted butter, 1/4 cup liquid from cooking the apricots and orange zest. Pour over potatoes.
- Bake 45 minutes, uncovered. Sprinkle with nuts an return to oven for 5 more minutes.
- This is also good with pineapple substituted for dried apricots.