Aunt Ina's Tomato Zucchini Pie
Aunt Ina gave me a hand-written copy of this recipe back in the 1980's with no source.
Do be careful about how juicy the tomatoes are. The pie can be soggy if they are very juicy. Also be sure not to over-bake or the pie will be too dry.
I really like it and get lots of compliments when I take it to a pot luck dinner.
- 1 c
- chopped fresh tomato, drain any juice off
- 2 c
- chopped zucchini
- 1/2 c
- chopped onion
- 1/2 c
- grated parmesan cheese (you may substitute any cheese you prefer like shredded cheddar or swiss)
- 1 1/2 c
- 3/4 c
- baking mix, like bisquick
- 3 large
- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/ tsp
- basil, dried
How to Make Aunt Ina's Tomato Zucchini Pie
- 1Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 10-inch pie plate.
Sprinkle tomato, zucchini, onion and Parmesan cheese on bottom of pie plate.
- 2Beat together remaining ingredients until smooth, 15 seconds in blender on high, or 1 minute with a whisk or hand beater.
Carefully pour into pie plate on top of vegetables. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean - about 30 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- 3Note: If you want to have more "cooked" and less crisp veggies you can saute them before placing in pie plate. However, be sure to fully drain any oil or juice before placing in pie plate.