Aunt Estelle's Squash Dressing
- 2 c
- yellow squash
- 2 c
- cornbread , crumbled
- 1 medium
- onion , minced
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make Aunt Estelle's Squash Dressing
- 1Prepare your cornbread. Sometimes I make it from scratch but I often use a Martha White Sweet Yellow cornbread mix and bake in an 8x8 pan. Cool and crumble.
- 2While the cornbread bakes wash, slice, cook and drain the yellow squash. Mash out as much liquid as possible.
- 3Combine the cornbread , squash and minced onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix the soup, egg and melted butter. Add this to the cornbread/squash mixture and combine well.
- 4Place mixture in a well buttered 9 x 9 casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- 5****Sometimes I use fresh zucchini instead of the yellow squash and sometimes a combination of both.