Aunt Estelle's Squash Dressing
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 cyellow squash
2 ccornbread , crumbled
1 mediumonion , minced
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1/2 stickbutter, melted
How to Make Aunt Estelle's Squash Dressing
- Prepare your cornbread. Sometimes I make it from scratch but I often use a Martha White Sweet Yellow cornbread mix and bake in an 8x8 pan. Cool and crumble.
- While the cornbread bakes wash, slice, cook and drain the yellow squash. Mash out as much liquid as possible.
- Combine the cornbread , squash and minced onion in a large bowl. In a small bowl mix the soup, egg and melted butter. Add this to the cornbread/squash mixture and combine well.
- Place mixture in a well buttered 9 x 9 casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for about an hour.
- ****Sometimes I use fresh zucchini instead of the yellow squash and sometimes a combination of both.