Aunt Bessie's Squash Kugel (pudding)
- 3 lb
- yellow squash, sliced or cut into chunks
- onion, medium to medium-large size, sliced or chopped
- 1/2 to 1
- stick butter or margarine
- 1/2 c
- mix of the following: dry crumbs (bread, cracker or matzo meal)
- garlic powder, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Aunt Bessie's Squash Kugel (pudding)
- 1Bring squash and onions to a boil and cook just until done. Drain extra well into a sieve.
- 2Mash with a potato masher. Drain more if too watery. Pour from the sieve the squash-onion mixture back into the pot and add the rest of the ingredients.
- 3Pour into a casserole or other baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 1/2 hour or until set. The pan you cook in determines how fast it will be done. If it is thicker in a smaller pan it will take longer than if it is spread out into a shallow pan. It should be golden brown on top.