★★★★★ 1 vote5
12-1/2 lbs. butternut squash
1/4 cvegetable broth (fat free)
1 Tbspbutter (light)
1/2 cpanko bread crubs
1/2 cgrated parmesan cheese
1 Tbspolive oil (light)
1- 1/2 tspmrs. dash seasoning table blend
1/4 tspcrushed red pepper (optional)
How to Make AuGratin Butternut Squash
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees. Spray 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cut ends off squash. With vegetable peeler, peel squash and cut into half lengthwise. Cut each half lengthwise into thirds. Cut each 'spear' into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place squash in baking dish and sprinkle with Mrs. Dash. Pour broth into dish and dot with butter. Cover tightly with foil and bake 35-40 minutes or until knife pierces squash with slight resistance.
- In bowl combine Panko, cheese, oil and red pepper; mix well.
- Uncover squash and sprinkle evenly with Panko mixture. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, an additional 10-15 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown.
- Serves 6 - 160 calories per serving.