ASPARAGUS WRAPPED WITH PROSCIUTTO
- bundle of 12 fresh, young asparagus spears trimmed, snap off the large end. only use tender young asparagus, or it will be woody.
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese and chives at room temperature.
- pound package of prosciutto. if you prefer a less salty alternative, use black forest ham or any good quality deli ham, or you can use bacon like i did in my photo.
- green onion strings for tying ribbons around the bundles if desired.
How to Make ASPARAGUS WRAPPED WITH PROSCIUTTO
- 2Tip: Instead of cutting the large end off with a knife, bend the asparagus and it will snap off and leave just the tender part of the asparagus. Don't throw away the ends . Save them frozen in a ziplock for soup. If you cook them until tender, they make a wonderful soup.
Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute, then plunge into an ice water bath. This helps the asparagus to stay beautifully green.