★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 lbfresh asparagus
3 Tbsppine nuts
1/4 colive oil
1 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1garlic clove, crushed
1/2 tspbasil, dried
1/2 tsporegano, dried
1freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Asparagus with Toasted Pine Nuts & Lemon Vinaigrette
- Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Remove scales from stalks with knife or vegetable peeler, if desired.
- Place spears in a steaming rack over boiling water; cover and steam 4-5 minutes or until spears are crisp-tender.
- Transfer to a serving platter.
- Sautee pine nuts in a small skillet over medium heat 2-3 minutes, until browned.
- Set aside.
- Combine olive oil and remaining ingredients in a medium saucepan; stir with a wire whisk to blend.
- Cook over medium heat 2-3 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly.
- Pour over asparagus.
- Sprinkle with pine nuts.
- Let stand to room temperature before serving.