Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1 small
- shallot, minced
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp
- dijon mustard
- 1/4 c
- olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 1/2 lb
- sea salt and ground pepper
How to Make Asparagus with Mustard Vinaigrette
- 1Bring a medium saucepan half filled with water to a boil. Carefully add the eggs and simmer briskly for 9 minutes (10 minutes for a slightly firmer yolk). Transfer the eggs to a bowl of ice water to cool. Shell the eggs and set aside.
- 2While the eggs cook, make the vinaigrette. In a small bowl, place the minced shallot, vinegar, and a pinch of salt. Let shallots soften for 5 minutes. Stir in the mustard, then whisk in the olive oil to make a thick dressing. Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- 3In a large soup pot bring 4 quarts of well-salted water to a rolling boil. Snap off and discard the tough bottoms of each asparagus spear. Add the asparagus and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until just done. Remove asparagus with tongs and spread out on a baking sheet lined with a clean kitchen towel.
- 4Place the asparagus on a platter and drizzle with the vinaigrette. Serve with quartered eggs (or roughly chop the eggs (if you prefer) and sea salt and pepper to taste.