- 1 1/2 lb
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- gruyere cheese, grated or parmesan cheese
How to Make Asparagus with Gruyere (Asperges a La Gruyere)
- 1Break off tough ends of asparagus as far down as stalks snap easily. Wash asparagus and arrange in single layer in ungreased 11 x 7 x 1 1/2 inch baking dish.
- 2Sprinkle with salt.
- 3Cover with foil.
- 4Bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 25 minutes.
- 5Heat butter over low heat until light brown. Drizzle over asparagus and sprinkle with cheese.
- 6Place in oven just until cheese softens, 5 to 8 minutes.
2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen asparagus spears can be substituted. Rinse asparagus under running cold water to separate. Drain. Cover and cook in oven about 35 minutes.