★★★★★ 2 votes5
5 Tbspunsalted butter
1 Tbspminced garlic
2 lbasparagus stems peeled, fibrous ends removed
1hard boiled egg, finely chopped
3 Tbspfresh lemon juice
1freshly ground black pepper
2 tspfresh tarragon, finely chopped
How to Make Asparagus with Egg, Garlic and Lemon Sauce
- Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and saute gently 1 minute; remove pan from heat.
- Reserve and keep warm.
- Place asparagus in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add enough water to cover, simmer 3-5 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove from saucepan, pat dry and transfer to serving platter.
- Keep warm.
- TO SERVE: Stir egg and lemon into reserved garlic butter.
- Pour over asparagus, season with salt and pepper and garnish with tarragon.