★★★★★ 2 votes5
- 5 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 Tbsp
- minced garlic
- 2 lb
- asparagus stems peeled, fibrous ends removed
- hard boiled egg, finely chopped
- 3 Tbsp
- fresh lemon juice
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp
- fresh tarragon, finely chopped
How to Make Asparagus with Egg, Garlic and Lemon Sauce
- 1Heat butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic and saute gently 1 minute; remove pan from heat.
- 3Reserve and keep warm.
- 4Place asparagus in saucepan over medium heat.
- 5Add enough water to cover, simmer 3-5 minutes or until just tender.
- 6Remove from saucepan, pat dry and transfer to serving platter.
- 7Keep warm.
- 8TO SERVE: Stir egg and lemon into reserved garlic butter.
- 9Pour over asparagus, season with salt and pepper and garnish with tarragon.