By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Asparagus Maltaise
- 1Snap tough ends from asparagus and discard.
- 2Place asparagus in 1 inch water in large skillet, bring to boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 3Blend egg yolks, lemon juice and salt in saucepan or top of double boiler.
- 4Add half of butter and stir constantly over low heat or boiling water until butter melts.
- 5Add remaining butter and continue stirring until it melts and sauce thickens.
- 6Stir in orange peel and juice.
- 7Drain asparagus and serve topped with sauce.