Connie's Asparagus Casserole
4 can(s)whole green asparagus (15 oz. cans) or 4 bundles of fresh steamed asparagus
2 cextra-sharp cheese (grated)
1/2 tsphot sauce ( i use crystal's brand)
4eggs, hard boiled, peeled and sliced
1 cslivered almonds, toasted
·buttered bread crumbs
How to Make Connie's Asparagus Casserole
- Drain the asparagus.
- Make a white sauce by melting butter in fry pan, adding flour and cooking a minute, then adding the milk.
- Add grated cheese to the sauce.
- Season sauce with salt, hot sauce and white pepper (to taste).
- Place a layer of asparagus in a deep dish, cover with sauce, a layer of sliced eggs, and a sprinkling of sliced almonds.
- Repeat by layering asparagus, sauce, eggs, and almonds.
- Top with buttered bread crumbs.
- Bake at 350 degrees until brown and bubbling. (about 25 minutes, depends on oven).
- Let sit about ten minutes before serving.