It makes for a wonderful meal on the go, a tasty snack, an elegant appetizer, or fun side.
My children who are not at all fond of asparagus, will usually nibble at them, and my fiancee and I devour them!
Picture will be added soon..
How to Make Asparagus bundles
- thaw parker house rolls completely.
- wash and trim asparagus spears.
- wrap one slice of capocollo or 1/2strip of procuitto ( I prefer capocollo, less salt ) around 2-3 spears of asparagus, kind of spiraling it up or down the spear, leaving a small area at the top and bottom unwrapped.
- roll thawed parker house rolls between hands to make long strips, almost as if you were making breadsticks.
- wrap around each bundle of wrapped asparagus, not bothering to completely cover the meat already on it, except on the ends. Making sure to connect the ends of the strips to themselves, this helps to keep them from unraveling when baking.
- spray baking sheet with non-stick spray and lay out bundles about an inch and a half apart.
- spray tops of bundles with non-stick spray lightly.
- Cover with plastic wrap lightly, or with a damp towel, and allow to rise till almost doubled, in a warm area. ( depending on your kitchen temp about 15-30 minutes )
- Preheat oven to 325
- Bake till lightly golden on top, and tapping makes a hollow sound.
- remove from baking sheet, cool a few minutes and enjoy.
( I found that any leftovers, if they make it that far, are delicious cold )
also can be cut into thirds and used as an appetizer