Asparagus and Acorn Squash Rings1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2medium acorn squashes
1/4 cbutter, clarified
1/2 cchopped walnuts
1/4 cfresh lemon juice
2 Tbspcider vinegar
6 Tbspapple cider
How to Make Asparagus and Acorn Squash Rings
- Trim thick asparagus ends; cut squash in half crosswise.
- Scoop out and discard squash seeds; slice squash into 1/4-inch rings.
- In kettle, carefully cook squash rings, then asparagus in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Don't overcook.
- Drain each vegetable as soon as it's tender.
- Heat butter in medium skillet.
- Add sugar and walnuts.
- Stir over medium heat until sugar is light brown.
- Deglaze pan with lemon juice, vinegar and cider.
- Cook, stirring constantly, to reduce by half.
- To serve, layer 3 acorn squash rings on each of 4 plates; put 4 asparagus spears thru acorn squash.
- Spoon sauce over.
- NOTE: To make clarified butter, slowly melt stick of butter over very low heat.
- Let solids settle to bottom; use oil-clarified butter on top.