Artichoke with Baked Brie Sauce
- large artichokes, top quarter and stems sliced off
- 3 oz
- brie, rind removed and cut into chunks
- 1/2 c
- heavy cream
- egg yolk
- 1/4 c
- freshly grated parmesan, plus more for the top
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp
- finely sliced almonds, crushed into coarse crumbs with a rolling pin
How to Make Artichoke with Baked Brie Sauce
- 1In a large pot of salted water, boil the artichokes for 15-20 minutes (pull on a leaf to check for doneness; it should come right off). Take the artichokes out of the water and let them drain well, upside down, in a colander. Once the artis are done and cooled a bit you should take a spoon and dig out the hair before you fill with the cheese
- 2Put the brie in a small pot with the cream and let it melt on a low flame while constantly stirring.
- 3When the mix is smooth, turn off the heat and, while stirring, add the yolk, the grated parmesan, the thyme and the crushed almonds.
- 4Preheat the broiler to low and position the rack close to the bottom of the oven.
- 5Fill the artichokes with the mix (it should cover the tops as well), sprinkle them with some more grated parmesan and almonds and place them standing head up in an oiled casserole dish.
- 6Put under the broiler and let them cook for about 10 minutes, checking often, or until the cheese turns into a golden crust.