By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 smallonion, sliced
2 Tbspolive oil
1/2 tsptarragon, dried, crushed
1 cmushrooms, sliced
1clove garlic, minced
1/4 cdry white wine
·salt and pepper
1tomato, seeded, chopped
How to Make Artichoke Saute
- Bend back outer leaves of artichokes until they snap off easily near base.
- Edible portion of leaves should remain on artichoke hearts.
- Continue to snap off and discard leaves until central core of pale green pedals is reached.
- Cut off stems and top 2 inches of artichokes then discard. Trim outer dark green layer from artichoke bottoms.
- Cut artichokes in half lengthwise.
- Cut out center leaves and fuzzy centers.
- Cut each half in fourths lengthwise.
- Dip or rub all surfaces with lemon juice.
- Saute onion and garlic in olive oil; stir in prepared artichokes, sugar and terragon.
- Add wine and water and cook until artichokes are tender; salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in tomato; cook until tomato is thoroughly heated.