By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 1 small
- onion, sliced
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/2 tsp
- tarragon, dried, crushed
- 1/4 c
- 1 c
- mushrooms, sliced
- lemon juice
- clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 c
- dry white wine
- salt and pepper
- tomato, seeded, chopped
How to Make Artichoke Saute
- 1Bend back outer leaves of artichokes until they snap off easily near base.
- 2Edible portion of leaves should remain on artichoke hearts.
- 3Continue to snap off and discard leaves until central core of pale green pedals is reached.
- 4Cut off stems and top 2 inches of artichokes then discard. Trim outer dark green layer from artichoke bottoms.
- 5Cut artichokes in half lengthwise.
- 6Cut out center leaves and fuzzy centers.
- 7Cut each half in fourths lengthwise.
- 8Dip or rub all surfaces with lemon juice.
- 9Saute onion and garlic in olive oil; stir in prepared artichokes, sugar and terragon.
- 10Add wine and water and cook until artichokes are tender; salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Stir in mushrooms and cook until mushrooms are tender.
- 12Stir in tomato; cook until tomato is thoroughly heated.