Irisa Raina 9
• If you can’t find Greek yogurt you can take plain yogurt and put it in a strainer with a coffee filter in it to get out all the liquid. This will take over night to do.
To drain yogurt place it in a paper coffee filter in a strainer over a bowl to catch the liquid.
If you don’t like goat cheese you can substitute cream cheese.
- ½ head napa cabbage
- ½ head regular cabbage
- ½ head red cabbage
- 2 large carrots washed, peeled & grated
- 1 large or 2 medium granny smith apple
- 4 green onions sliced using the white & green parts
- 1 tablespoon minced onion” dry “
- 1 – 12 ounce can frozen apple juice – unsweetened
- 4oz sour cream
- 4oz heavy cream
- 6 oz goat cheese *
- 1 8oz greek yogurt * drained over night in the fridge
- 1 & ½ tablespoon powdered mustard
- 1 tablespoon sugar “ or to taste
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 2 tablespoons of reserved juice from marinade
How to Make Apple’licious slaw
- 1Remove core from the cabbage’s, and slice very thin. If you have a mandolin or food processor this will speed up the process.
- 2Wash and peel carrots and on a mandolin or box grater make small julienne pieces.
- 3Put cabbage, carrots, minced onion & green onion in apple juice in a zip lock bag at least for one hour or longer if you can, tossing often..
- 4Drain well, if at all possible use a clean towel to ring out any excess juice, reserving about 2 tablespoons of juice.
- 5Peel and slice into julienne slices, the apple and add to the cabbage mixture.
- 7With a hand mixer add all the ingredients and mix on low for about 2 minutes. Once it has all be incorporated pour about ½ on the cabbage and toss. Refrigerate over night.
- 8Reserve the other ½ of the dressing for the next day…..you’ll notice some liquid at the bottom of the bowl…drain that away and toss the slaw with the remaining dressing.
- 9Sprinkle paprika on top when ready to serve
This is better if done either the day before or a couple of hours before serving