Acorn Squash with Cranberry Filling1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Acorn Squash with Cranberry Filling
- Wash and dry squash.
- Place squash in microwave oven and heat, uncovered, 15 minutes or until they feel soft to the touch.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Place cut-side-up in a shallow, heat resistant, non-metallic baking dish.
- Sprinkle with salt. Place 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of honey in each half.
- Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven for 4 minutes or until butter has melted.
- With a brush or spoon, spread honey-butter mixture over cut surfaces of squash.
- Place a spoonful of cranberry sauce in each squash half.
- If warmed cranberry sauce is desired, return filled squash halves to microwave oven for 6 minutes or until cranberry sauce is hot.