Acorn Squash with Cranberry Filling1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
How to Make Acorn Squash with Cranberry Filling
- 1Wash and dry squash.
- 2Place squash in microwave oven and heat, uncovered, 15 minutes or until they feel soft to the touch.
- 3Let stand 5 minutes.
- 4Cut in half and remove seeds.
- 5Place cut-side-up in a shallow, heat resistant, non-metallic baking dish.
- 6Sprinkle with salt. Place 1 tablespoon of butter and 1 tablespoon of honey in each half.
- 7Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven for 4 minutes or until butter has melted.
- 8With a brush or spoon, spread honey-butter mixture over cut surfaces of squash.
- 9Place a spoonful of cranberry sauce in each squash half.
- 10If warmed cranberry sauce is desired, return filled squash halves to microwave oven for 6 minutes or until cranberry sauce is hot.