☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2small acorn squash
1/2 cmelted butter, divided
1/4 cdark brown sugar
2 cpeeled and chopped granny smith apples
2 tspminced orange peel
1/8 tspground nutmeg
How to Make Acorn Squash with Apples
- Preheat oven to 350degrees. Cut each squash in halve and remove the seeds. Place the 4 halves in a baking dish cut side down.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the melted butter and the brown sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining melted butter, chopped apples, orange peel, raisins, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir to blend.
- Remove the squash from the oven and turn cut side up. Prick the surface with a fork and then brush with the butter/brown sugar mixture, pouring any extra mixture into the halves. Fill each halve with equal amounts of the apple mixture.
- Place the filled squash halves in the oven and bake for an additional 30 minutes or until the apples are tender and brown.