VEGETARIAN LEEK PIE
Recipe: The Country Cooking of Ireland
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 3/4 c
- butter, softened
- 4 c
- finely chopped leeks, white part only
- 1 c
- heavy cream
- 1/2 lb
- gruyere cheese, grated
- refrigerated pie crust
How to Make VEGETARIAN LEEK PIE
- 1Work the flour into about one-third of the butter to form a soft dough.
- 2Melt the remaining butter in a large skillet over low heat; add the leeks. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until the leeks are very soft, stirring frequently.
- 3Stir in the dough and the cream, increase the heat to high, and bring to a boil. Remove from the heat immediately and set aside to cool. When the mixture has reached room temperature, stir in the cheese.
- 4Roll out the pie crust on a floured surface and place in a 10-inch pie plate. Trim and flute edges. Pour the leek mixture into the pie crust. Place pie plate on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 375-degree oven for 30 minutes or until center is set and turning a golden brown.