Tomatoes stuffed with Bacon and Corn bread
- 4 large ripe tomatoes
- 2 cups crumbled corn bread
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 6 slices bacon, cooked til crisp and crumbled
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves chopped
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Tomatoes stuffed with Bacon and Corn bread
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Coat baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- 2Halve tomatoes horizontally with serrated knife. Using a spoon, carefully scoop out pulp and reserve.
- 3Mix tomato pulp, corn bread, mayonnaise, bacon, scallions and thyme in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 4Spoon corn bread mixture into tomato shells. transfer stuffed tomatoes in single layer to prepared baking dish. Bake til heated through, about 20 minutes. serve. Serves 8
Source: Home Plate Cooking