☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbyard long green beans (or regular) trimmed and cut into 2 inch pieces
1 Tbsprice wine vinegar
2 tspwhite sugar (same amount if using splenda)
1/2 tspred pepper flakes
1/4 tspwhite pepper
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 Tbspsesame oil (dark if you have it, if not regular is fine)
2 Tbspminced ginger
2 Tbspminced garlic
How to Make Szechuan Green Beans
- Wash, trim and cut green beans.
- In a small mixing bowl whisk together the Tamari, rice wine vinegar, sugar, pepper flakes, and white pepper.
- Mince ginger root and garlic, set aside.
- In a large, DRY skillet cook beans over medium to medium high heat for 5 minutes, stirring constantly. You want your beans to begin to blister but not burn. Turn down the heat if needed.
- Add the oils, minced ginger and garlic, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce mixture, let it come to a boil and cook about 2 minutes more, until the sauce thickens and coats the beans and beans are tender-crisp.
- Serve hot.