Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Cranberries
3 lbsweet potatoes (3 large)
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
4 Tbspbutter, melted
2 ccranberries, fresh or frozrn
1/2 corange juice
1/2 cchopped walnuts
2 Tbspbutter, melted
1 Tbspbrown sugar
How to Make Sweet Potatoes with Walnuts and Cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook sweet potatoes in microwave until tender. (12 to 15 minutes) Be sure to pierce several times with a fork.
- Cool slightly then peel and slice potatoes into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange half of the potato slices in the prepared dish.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup brown sugar. Drizzle with 2 Tbsp. melted butter and top with half of the cranberries.
- Repeat layers. Pour orange juice evenly over the casserole.
- Cover the dish with foil. Bake 40 minutes.
- While cooking prepare topping as follows:
Combine walnuts, 2 Tbsp. melted butter, 1 Tbsp. brown sugar and 1 tsp. cinnamon.
- Remove the casserole from oven and sprinkle walnut mixture over the top.
- Return to oven and bake 5 to 10 more minutes or until brown and bubbly.