Summer Squash Casserole
- 2 medium
- yellow squash
- 1 small
- onion, chopped
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- ground pepper
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 c
- sour cream
- 1 c
- pepperidge farm stuffing mix (blue bag)
- 1 pkg
- (8 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/2 stick
- butter, melted
How to Make Summer Squash Casserole
- 1Peel and slice squash. parboil squash and onion for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened but not mushy. Drain.
- 2Layer squash and onion in the bottom of a sprayed 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, set aside.
- 3heat one can of undiluted cream of chicken soup and sour cream in a small sauce pan until smooth and thoroughly blended. Spread soup mixture over squash.
- 4Sprinkle bread crumbs over soup mixture.
- 5Sprinkle cheese over bread crumbs.
- 6drizzle melted butter over the top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is nicely melted.