Summer Squash Casserole
2 mediumyellow squash
1 smallonion, chopped
1/8 tspground pepper
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup
1/4 csour cream
1 cpepperidge farm stuffing mix (blue bag)
1 pkg(8 oz.) shredded mild cheddar cheese
1/2 stickbutter, melted
How to Make Summer Squash Casserole
- Peel and slice squash. parboil squash and onion for about 5 minutes, until slightly softened but not mushy. Drain.
- Layer squash and onion in the bottom of a sprayed 2 quart casserole. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, set aside.
- heat one can of undiluted cream of chicken soup and sour cream in a small sauce pan until smooth and thoroughly blended. Spread soup mixture over squash.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over soup mixture.
- Sprinkle cheese over bread crumbs.
- drizzle melted butter over the top and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until warmed through and cheese is nicely melted.