Stuffed Sweet Onions
4 largeonions peeled
1 ccottage cheese, small curd
1/2 cshredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cbacon cooked and crumbled
4 clovegarlic minced
1 bottledark beer
2 Tbspbutter melted
1/2 cbread crumbs
How to Make Stuffed Sweet Onions
- using a steamer. I used a bamboo steamer. Add water and beer to pan and place the onions in the steamer and steam over the water and beer for about 30 minutes until tender.
- Remove the onions and set aside to cool.
- Mix all remaining ingredients except butter and breadcrumbs together.
- Remove the insides of the onion only leaving 2 outer layers intact. Place a small piece of onion onto the bottom of each onion to seal the hole. Chop 1/2 cup of the removed onions and add to the stuffing mixture.
- Stuff each onion with equal amounts of filling.
- Mix melted butter with breadcrumbs and sprinkle over top each onion.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes