Stovetop Baked Beans
- 2 cans
- (15 oz. ea.) van camps pork & beans
- 1/4 cup
- 1 tablesp.
- 2 tablesp.
- dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teasp.
- onion powder
- 1/4 teasp.
- hickory flavored liquid smoke
- 6 slices
- bacon, cooked, then cut into 3/4" pcs. (optional)
How to Make Stovetop Baked Beans
- 1Drain one of the cans of pork & beans, then add to a saucepan.
- 2Add the other (undrained) can of pork & beans to the pan.
- 3Then add the remaining ingredients to the pan, and simmer (uncovered) for about 15 minutes; stirring beans frequently.
(If desired, add cooked bacon pieces after simmering the beans for 5 minutes, then continue simmering the beans for the remaining 10 minutes.)
- 4Serve immediately.