- 2 lb
- yellow squash, sliced into 1/8 inch slices
- 1 large
- sweet onion sliced in cresent slivers about 1/8 inch thick
- 2 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup (use the cheap runny kind)
- 16 oz
- sour cream (lite is ok but the regular type makes it better)
- 1 bag(s)
- peperage farm seasoned stuffing (not cubed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- non stick cooking spray
How to Make Squash Casserole
- 1Pre heat oven to 350 F. boil squash and onions in water seasoned with salt and pepper (water should be salted to taste like a broth & pepper should be seen but not overwhelming) until just limp. Strain in colander.
- 2Spray casserole dish with non stick spray.
- 3in large mixing bowl add soup and sour cream and mix well and then add squash and onions.
- 4Pour into casserole dish and bake for 20 mins or until bubbling. Remove from oven and top with Stuffing and toast top of casserole for 3 mins under broiler (500F)
- 5Let set for 5 mins and serve.