Southern Trails Green Beans
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
8 Tbspbutter, melted
3 Tbspdried parsley flakes
4 cwater to cover
6 can(s)green beans
6 ozham or bacon
3chicken bouillon cubes
1 tspgarlic salt
·pepper to taste
How to Make Southern Trails Green Beans
- Place a Dutch oven over medium high heat, add butter and melt.
- When the butter is melted add the onions and parsley and with a large pinch of salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until the onions are tender and translucent, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Next whisk in the flour, being sure to coat the onions. Cook for about 30 seconds then whisk in the water.
- Add green beans, ham, chicken bouillon cubes, garlic salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer uncovered for 3 – 4 hours till the green beans are tender and the gravy is thickened.