Sourdough Almond Stuffing
2 csliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 mediumonion, white or yellow
3/4 cbutter, cubed
4 clovegarlic, minced
1 tspdried rosemary, crushed
1/2 tspblack pepper
11 cday-old sourdough bread, cubed
1 can(s)(14 oz) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and chopped
3/4 calmonds, slivered
3/4 coil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cfresh basil, minced
1 can(s)(14-1/2 oz) chicken broth
How to Make Sourdough Almond Stuffing
- In a large skillet, sauté mushrooms and onion in butter until tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in salt, rosemary, and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes, artichoke hearts, almonds, sun-dried tomatoes, basil, and mushroom mixture.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs and chicken broth.
- Pour over bread mixture; gently stir until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in.x9 in. baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a thermometer inserted near the center reads 160 degrees.