Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon
10 slicesbacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
5 cupspeeled and thinly sliced russet potatoes
1/2 cupchopped onion
4 tablesp.flour, divided
1 tsp.salt, divided
1/2 tsp.pepper, divided
2 cupswhole milk
How to Make Scalloped Potatoes with Bacon
- Grease the inside of a 2-quart casserole baking dish.
- Place half the potatoes, and onion, inside the baking dish.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper over the potatoes.
- Top the potatoes with half the crumbled bacon.
- Repeat layers with remaining potatoes, onion, flour, salt, pepper, and bacon.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a saucepan, add the 4 tablespoons of butter, and the milk.
- Heat milk until warm, but do not let it boil.
- Pour the warm milk over the top of the potato mixture.
- Cover baking dish, and bake in oven for 1 hour.
- Serve potatoes immediately, but be careful, as they are quite 'hot'.