12 largeroma tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
1/4 colive oil
2 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspkosher salt
1/2 tspblack pepper
3/4 cplain breadcrumbs
3/4 ccrumbled gorgonzola cheese or grated parmesan cheese
2 Tbspchopped flat-leaf parsley
How to Make Roasted Tomatoes With Garlic, Gorgonzola and Herbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a teaspoon, remove seeds from tomatoes. Place tomato halves, cut side down, on paper towels to drain for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper. Using clean hands, gently toss the drained tomato halves in the oil mixture until coated. Marinate the tomatoes for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together the bread crumbs and Gorgonzola cheese.
- Place the marinated tomato halves, cut side up, on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Fill each tomato half with the bread crumb filling. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until slightly softened and the underside of the tomatoes are brown.
- Arrange the cooked tomatoes on a serving platter. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley, and serve immediately.