Roasted Tomato and Bread Toss
- 2 lbs cherry or grape toamotes, about 6 cups
- 6 cups torn baguette style italian bread or french bread, 12 oz
- 2 to 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata and/or green olives
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
How to Make Roasted Tomato and Bread Toss
- 1Position a rack in the upper third of the oven. Preheat oven to 400. Line a 15 x 10 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Arrange tomatoes in single layer in prepared pan. Put bread in large bowl. Drizzle the 2 to 3 Tbsp. oil over bread pieces. Toss to coat. In another 15 x 10 inch baking pan, arrange bread in single layer.
- 2Roast tomatoes on upper rack, bread in lower rack, for 20 to 25 minutes. Roast6 tomatoes just til skins begin to split and wrinkle, gently stirring once. Roast bread til lightly toasted, stirring once.
- 3Add bread and olives to tomatoes in pan. Gently toss to mix IN small bowl, mix the 2 Tbsp. oil, the balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Drizzle vinegar mixture over tomatoes, olives and bread. Toss to coat
For a richer flavor, in small p-an, heat 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar over medium heat til boiling. Boil gently, uncovered, for 6 to 8 minutes or til reduced to 2 Tbsp. Watch carefully at the end because vinegar will reduce quickly.