Roasted Cauliflower in Gruyere Cheese Sauce - WW
It's actually a Swiss recipe (not German). But there is no option for Swiss cuisine, so I picked the closest match possible.
1 largehead cauliflower, chopped into florets
4 tspall-purpose flour
1 cfat-free buttermilk
2 Tbspwhite wine
1/2 cshredded gruyere cheese
1 Tbspminced shallot
1 Tbspchopped fresh chives (or 1 tsp dried chives)
3 clovegarlic, minced
1/2 tspsalt (or to taste)
1/4 tspblack pepper
·non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower in Gruyere Cheese Sauce - WW
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- Spray a large casserole dish with non-fat cooking spray. Add cauliflower florets to dish and lightly coat them with non-fat cooking spray. Then season with half the salt and pepper. Put into oven and roast for 25 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, whisk flour with 2 tablespoons buttermilk until smooth.
- Heat the wine and remaining buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture, and cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat; stir in gruyere, chives, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper.
Spoon cheese sauce over the cauliflower, and serve immediately.