Roasted Cauliflower in Gruyere Cheese Sauce - WW
It's actually a Swiss recipe (not German). But there is no option for Swiss cuisine, so I picked the closest match possible.
- 1 large
- head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 4 tsp
- all-purpose flour
- 1 c
- fat-free buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp
- white wine
- 1/2 c
- shredded gruyere cheese
- 1 Tbsp
- minced shallot
- 1 Tbsp
- chopped fresh chives (or 1 tsp dried chives)
- 3 clove
- garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp
- salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper
- non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Roasted Cauliflower in Gruyere Cheese Sauce - WW
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Spray a large casserole dish with non-fat cooking spray. Add cauliflower florets to dish and lightly coat them with non-fat cooking spray. Then season with half the salt and pepper. Put into oven and roast for 25 minutes or until cauliflower is golden brown.
- 3Meanwhile, whisk flour with 2 tablespoons buttermilk until smooth.
- 4Heat the wine and remaining buttermilk in a saucepan over medium heat until steaming. Add the flour mixture, and cook, whisking, until the sauce bubbles and thickens, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 5Remove saucepan from heat; stir in gruyere, chives, shallots, garlic, salt and pepper.
Spoon cheese sauce over the cauliflower, and serve immediately.