2 lbsmall to medium-sized brussels sprouts, trimmed and cut in half
2 largeshallots, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 cblood orange olive oil or 2 tablespoon fresh blood orange juice and 2 tablespoons extra virgin oil
1 Tbspground cumin
3 sliceturkey bacon or bacon substitute
1 Tbspblood orange zest, finely grated
How to Make Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/Bacon & Shallot
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook the bacon until crispy then set aside to drain on a paper towel. Once cooled, break up the bacon in to small pieces.
- In a large prep bowl, combine the Brussels sprouts, shallots, blood orange olive oil (or blood orange juice and olive oil) and cumin. Toss mixture together well to coat.
- Arrange the vegetable on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a single layer with the Brussels sprouts facing cut side down.
- Roast for about 20-25 minutes or until sprouts are tender and easily pierce with a knife but NOT mushy.
- Season with salt and cracked black pepper, to taste. Garnish the vegetables with the bacon bits and the blood orange zest.