Roasted Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower
Blue Ribbon Recipe
What a great way to jazz up cauliflower! The combination of herbs, cheese and the bacon grease when baking makes this cauliflower really flavorful. And adding bacon and more cheese, takes this recipe over the top. I bet everyone will eat their veggies when they try this recipe! The Test Kitchen
2heads of cauliflower
6 slicepork bacon (hold bacon grease for later)
1/4 colive oil, extra virgin
2 tspthyme, dried
1/4 cParmesan cheese
1 Tbspgarlic salt
1/2 tspseason salt
1/2 - 1 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Roasted Bacon Cheddar Cauliflower
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Fry bacon. Save bacon grease.
- Combine in a medium bowl thyme, Parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, oil and leftover bacon grease. Add raw cauliflower and mix well.
- Once coated, place mixture on a foil covered large rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt and bake 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- In a separate bowl, mix cooked bacon (broken into bits) and cheddar cheese.
- Top roasted cauliflower with cheese mix and let stand 10 minutes before serving to allow the cheese to melt.
- You may have to microwave for a little bit to make sure the cheese is melted completely.