Roasted B A T
3 Tbspolive oil, divided
1 lbfresh asparagus
·salt, to taste
1 largetomato, diced (i used small grape tomatoes)
1 Tbspdark aged balsamic vinegar
1/2 tspdijon mustard (i used closer to 1 1/4 teaspoon of dijon)
·fresh cracked black pepper, to taste
4-6strips of bacon (or use your favorite vegetarian bacon)
How to Make Roasted B A T
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine the asparagus and shallots. Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over the vegetables, season to taste with salt. Toss to coat.
- Transfer the vegetables to a large, parchment-lined baking sheet. Arrange the vegetables in a single layer for even roasting.
- On another parchment-lined baking sheet place the bacon also in a single layer. Roast vegetables and bacon on the same rack, approximately 15 minutes or to your desired crispness. The bacon may need longer to cook than the asparagus.
- While the vegetables and bacon roast, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil with the balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard and cracked black pepper. Whisk ingredients to lightly emulsify. Set aside.
- Once the bacon is crispy remove it from the oven and drain on paper towels. Transfer the roasted asparagus and shallots to a serving dish or platter. Top the vegetables with the tomatoes then drizzle with the balsamic emulsion. Crumble the bacon over the tomatoes. Serve immediately.