Rajas Con Queso
- fresh poblano peppers
- 3 Tbsp
- corn oil
- 2 large
- onions, halved and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 16 oz
- sour cream
- chicken bouillon granules, to taste
- 1 1/2 c
- oaxaca mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
How to Make Rajas Con Queso
- 1Roast the chilies over an open flame or on a griddle until blackened but not charred.
- 2Wrap the chilies in a towel and place them in a plastic bag for about 10 minutes.
- 3Remove the chilies and with the help of the towel rub the skins off. The chilies should still be somewhat firm.
- 4Cut them in 1/2 inch strips, discarding all the seeds and the ribs. Do not rinse.
- 5Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chilies and the onions at the same time, stirring often.
- 6When everything is soft add all the sour cream and the chicken bouillon granules.
- 7When the cream is hot, turn off the burner and add the cheese. Cover immediately until cheese melts.
- 8Serve with warm flour tortillas.