Rajas Con Queso
5-6fresh poblano peppers
3 Tbspcorn oil
2 largeonions, halved and sliced about 1/4 inch thick
16 ozsour cream
·chicken bouillon granules, to taste
1 1/2 coaxaca mozzarella cheese, cut into small cubes
How to Make Rajas Con Queso
- Roast the chilies over an open flame or on a griddle until blackened but not charred.
- Wrap the chilies in a towel and place them in a plastic bag for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the chilies and with the help of the towel rub the skins off. The chilies should still be somewhat firm.
- Cut them in 1/2 inch strips, discarding all the seeds and the ribs. Do not rinse.
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chilies and the onions at the same time, stirring often.
- When everything is soft add all the sour cream and the chicken bouillon granules.
- When the cream is hot, turn off the burner and add the cheese. Cover immediately until cheese melts.
- Serve with warm flour tortillas.