Perfect Roast Potatoes
If you have had problems getting it right in the past - here is how to do it.
How to Make Perfect Roast Potatoes
- 1Pre-heat the oven to 250C (high). Put about 4 oz of fat / lard into a roasting dish and put the dish in the oven for about 15 - 20 minutes.
- 2Peel the potatoes and cut them in half. Pop them in a saucepan and cover with water, adding a dash of salt. Bring to the boil and boil for 10 minutes.
- 3Drain the potatoes and then give the saucepan a good shake to roughen up the edges of the potatoes. Rough edges helps them crisp up.
- 4Carefully remove the dish of fat from the oven and, using kitchen tongs, place each potato into the fat. Using a large spoon, pour the fat over the top of the potatoes.
- 5Put the potatoes in the oven for about 45 minutes - turn and bast the potatoes after 15 minutes and again at 30 minutes.