Papa's Roasted Peppers
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- 7 red bell peppers
- 2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
How to Make Papa's Roasted Peppers
- 1Position broiler rack about 8 inches from source of heat and preheat broiler. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil. Put peppers on baking sheet. Broil, turning occasionally til skin is blackened and blistered all over, about 12 minutes (I usually cut my peppers in half lengthwise, so I don't need to turn them). Take care that you just char the first layer of thick pepper skin, and don't burn a hole into the pepper.
- 2Transfer peppers to large bowl. Cover with foil. Let stand for 30 minutes. The trapped steam will loosen skin and make it easier to remove.
- 3One at a time, peel away blackened skin from each pepper. Tear or cut peppers into thick strips and discard seeds. Transfer pepper strips to a colander to let any excess juices drain, about 15 minutes.
- 4Transfer drained pepper strips to a bowl or covered container. Drizzle with oil, sprinkle with garlic, and season with salt. Toss gently. Serve at once. The peppers can be stored, covered and refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks. The oil will congeal when chilled, so let the peppers stand at room temperature for about 10 minutes to soften oil before serving.Source: unknown