Orecchiette Pasta with Cauliflower
- 1/2 c
- shelled unsalted pistachios
- 8 Tbsp
- unsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 stick)
- 1 medium
- head cauliflower, cut into small florests
- oil-packed anchovies, drained, rinsed, finely chopped
- 1 clove
- garlic, finely chopped
- 2 c
- chicken broth
- 1 lb
- orecchiette pasta
- 1/2 c
- chipped fresh parsley
- 3/4 c
- finely grated parmigiano-reggiano
- 1/2 tsp
- crushed red pepper flakes, (to taste)
- 6 Tbsp
- extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make Orecchiette Pasta with Cauliflower
- 1Heat over to 350. Spread pistachios on small baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Cool, then coarsely chop.
- 2In large, deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat until it smells nutty and is golden brown. Add cauliflower and cook while stirring 1-2 minutes.
- 3Add anchovies and garlic and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes (the anchovies will dissolve in the butter).
- 4Add the chicken broth and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
- 5Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette until al dente in large pot of well-salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. Drain.
- 6Add the orecchiette, parsley, parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes to the cauliflower and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 7Serve in individual bowls, if desired. Sprinkle with pistachios and more red pepper flakes, if desired. (NOTE: If pasta seems dry, add a little of the reserved water.) Fresh drizzle with olive oil.