Orecchiette Pasta with Cauliflower
1/2 cshelled unsalted pistachios
8 Tbspunsalted butter, cut into pieces (1 stick)
1 mediumhead cauliflower, cut into small florests
5oil-packed anchovies, drained, rinsed, finely chopped
1 clovegarlic, finely chopped
2 cchicken broth
1 lborecchiette pasta
1/2 cchipped fresh parsley
3/4 cfinely grated parmigiano-reggiano
1/2 tspcrushed red pepper flakes, (to taste)
6 Tbspextra-virgin olive oil
How to Make Orecchiette Pasta with Cauliflower
- Heat over to 350. Spread pistachios on small baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes. Cool, then coarsely chop.
- In large, deep skillet, melt butter over medium heat until it smells nutty and is golden brown. Add cauliflower and cook while stirring 1-2 minutes.
- Add anchovies and garlic and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes (the anchovies will dissolve in the butter).
- Add the chicken broth and cook until the cauliflower is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the orecchiette until al dente in large pot of well-salted water. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water before draining the pasta. Drain.
- Add the orecchiette, parsley, parmesan and crushed red pepper flakes to the cauliflower and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls, if desired. Sprinkle with pistachios and more red pepper flakes, if desired. (NOTE: If pasta seems dry, add a little of the reserved water.) Fresh drizzle with olive oil.