Mushroom and Leek Strudel
2leeks, white and light green parts quartered and sliced thin
3good size cloves of garlic, minced
10 ozmushrooms, sliced (i used regular button, but any kind is good)
4scallions. trimmed and sliced thin
1large shallot, sliced thin
4 Tbspolive oil
·kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1 boxpepperidge farm frozen puff pastry
1 tspdried tarragon, or 1 tbsp chopped fresh
How to Make Mushroom and Leek Strudel
- Defrost puff pastry at room temperature 20-25 minutes. Do not defrost longer because pastry will stick to itself.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil. Open pastry sheets and brush with olive oil.
- Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan over medium high heat until shimmering. Reduce heat to medium
- Saute vegetables together until soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and tarragon.
- Add a pile of vegetable filling to middle section of each sheet of puff pastry. Fold over edges and pinch ends closed. Brush with olive oil.
- Bake 350 for 40 minutes, until deep brown and flaky.
Let sit at room temperature 10 minutes before cutting with a serrated knife to serve.