Mushroom and Leek Strudel
- leeks, white and light green parts quartered and sliced thin
- good size cloves of garlic, minced
- 10 oz
- mushrooms, sliced (i used regular button, but any kind is good)
- scallions. trimmed and sliced thin
- large shallot, sliced thin
- 4 Tbsp
- olive oil
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 box
- pepperidge farm frozen puff pastry
- 1 tsp
- dried tarragon, or 1 tbsp chopped fresh
How to Make Mushroom and Leek Strudel
- 1Defrost puff pastry at room temperature 20-25 minutes. Do not defrost longer because pastry will stick to itself.
- 2Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush with olive oil. Open pastry sheets and brush with olive oil.
- 3Heat 3 Tbsp olive oil in saute pan over medium high heat until shimmering. Reduce heat to medium
- 4Saute vegetables together until soft.
- 5Add salt and pepper to taste, and tarragon.
- 6Add a pile of vegetable filling to middle section of each sheet of puff pastry. Fold over edges and pinch ends closed. Brush with olive oil.
- 7Bake 350 for 40 minutes, until deep brown and flaky.
Let sit at room temperature 10 minutes before cutting with a serrated knife to serve.