Michele's Super Easy Sweet & Sour Pickled Beets
Since it's too early to start canning beets, I have an alternative method so you can enjoy pickled beets all summer and all year long!
The directions are explained by using one can of beets. I didn't want to make the directions complicated.
How to Make Michele's Super Easy Sweet & Sour Pickled Beets
- For each can of beets, pour liquid in can into a clear glass measuring cup. There should be 1 cup of liquid. Pour 1/2 of this liquid down drain. You won't be saving this or using it.
- To the 1/2 cup of liquid that remains in the clear glass measuring cup, add 1/2 cup of white vinegar.
- Add 3 Tablespoons of sugar to the 1 cup of liquid in the glass measuring cup. Pour this solution into a clean pint mason jar.
- Add the sliced beets from one can and sliced red onion, add as much red onion as you would like. Screw or clamp mason jar closed. Mix well and refrigerate overnight.
- DO NOT PUT IN PLASTIC CONTAINER, IT WILL STAIN.
- DO NOT SAVE LIQUID FOR NEXT CAN. MAKE NEW!