Mediterranean Green Beans
- 4 c
- (1 pound) fresh green beans, ends trimmed, then cut or snapped into shorter pieces
- 1 Tbsp
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp
- garlic, crushed
- 1 c
- (4 medium) plum tomatoes, chopped and seeded
- 3/4 tsp
- dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp
- 1/8 tsp
- black pepper
How to Make Mediterranean Green Beans
- 1Fill a 3- quart pot to the halfway mark with water; bring to a boil over high heat. Add the green beans and boil for about 4 minutes or just until the green beans are crisp-tender. Drain the beans and set aside keeping them warm.
- 2Add olive oil to the 3- quart pot and place the pot over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for a few seconds, or just until the garlic begins to turn color and smells fragrant.
- 3Add the tomatoes, oregano, salt and pepper, cover and cook for about 45 seconds, or just until the tomatoes are heated through. Add the green beans to the tomato mixture, and toss to mix well.