Kale with bacon, garlic, onion & cannellini beans
4 ckale, shredded
15 ozcannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 conion, chopped
2 clovegarlic, roughly chopped
1 Tbspcoconut oil (or bacon grease)
dash(es)coarse sea salt
How to Make Kale with bacon, garlic, onion & cannellini beans
- If you haven't already, cook the bacon, let drain and cool, chop and set aside. Save grease if you want to use instead of oil.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add half the oil.
- Add half the kale, and saute, tossing consistently, until slightly wilted. Transfer to medium bowl.
- Saute the remaining kale with a little more oil if needed and transfer to the bowl when done.
Note: you can also just add a little water to the pan and steam the kale while tossing, as well.
- Add any remaining oil to the skillet, and add the onion and garlic. Saute for a couple minutes, then add the beans, and cook another couple minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the kale.
- Add the bacon and dash of sea salt to taste. Toss gently to mix. Enjoy!