Kale with bacon, garlic, onion & cannellini beans
- 6 slice
- 4 c
- kale, shredded
- 15 oz
- cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 c
- onion, chopped
- 2 clove
- garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp
- coconut oil (or bacon grease)
- coarse sea salt
How to Make Kale with bacon, garlic, onion & cannellini beans
- 1If you haven't already, cook the bacon, let drain and cool, chop and set aside. Save grease if you want to use instead of oil.
- 2Heat a large skillet over medium heat, add half the oil. Add half the kale, and saute, tossing consistently, until slightly wilted. Transfer to medium bowl. Saute the remaining kale with a little more oil if needed and transfer to bowl when done.
*Note: you can also just add a little water to the pan and steam the kale while tossing, as well.
- 3Add any remaining oil to the skillet, and add the onion and garlic. Saute for a couple minutes, then add the beans, and cook another couple minutes. Transfer to the bowl with the kale. Add the bacon and dash of sea salt to taste. Toss gently to mix. Enjoy!