Grilled Green Beans with Harissa
- 1 lb
- green beans, trimmed
- 2 Tbsp
- safflower oil (or most any oil that can tolerate high heat)
- 1 Tbsp
- red wine vinegar (white balsamic, apple cider vinegar will work as well)
- 1 stick
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp
- harissa, to taste (homemade is best!)
How to Make Grilled Green Beans with Harissa
- 1Steam the green beans briefly-about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat a grill or large grill pan to high.
- 3Place the steamed green beans in a large prep bowl and toss with the vegetable oil. Using tongs, arrange the beans in a [single layer] on the grill and cook until lightly charred, about 3-5 minutes.
- 4In a small, non-reactive prep bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, harissa (to taste) and salt. Note: I added 2 teaspoons of harissa.
- 5Arrange the grilled green beans on a serving platter.
- 6Pour the vinaigrette over the green beans. Serve warm or at room temperature. A garnish of fresh parsley (or cilantro) and/or crispy shallots would not be out of place.