Grilled Green Beans with Harissa
1 lbgreen beans, trimmed
2 Tbspsafflower oil (or most any oil that can tolerate high heat)
1 Tbspred wine vinegar (white balsamic, apple cider vinegar will work as well)
1 stickextra virgin olive oil
1 tspharissa, to taste (homemade is best!)
How to Make Grilled Green Beans with Harissa
- Steam the green beans briefly-about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat a grill or large grill pan to high.
- Place the steamed green beans in a large prep bowl and toss with the vegetable oil. Using tongs, arrange the beans in a [single layer] on the grill and cook until lightly charred, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small, non-reactive prep bowl whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, harissa (to taste) and salt. Note: I added 2 teaspoons of harissa.
- Arrange the grilled green beans on a serving platter.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the green beans. Serve warm or at room temperature. A garnish of fresh parsley (or cilantro) and/or crispy shallots would not be out of place.