Green Beans with Carmelized Onions and Pecans
- 1 1/2 lb
- green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 c
- pecans, chopped
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil, extra virgin, divided
- 4 c
- onions, thinly sliced vertically
- 1 tsp
- fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tsp
- white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp
- kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp
- black pepper, freshly ground
How to Make Green Beans with Carmelized Onions and Pecans
- 1Cook the green beans in boiling water for 2 minutes. drain and rinse with cold water, and drain well.
- 2Place the pecans in a large nonstick skillet; cook over medium heat 7 minutes or until lightly browned, shaking the pan frequently. Remove the pecans from the pan and set aside.
- 3Add 4 teaspoons of oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Add the onion and thyme to the pan; cook 17 minutes or until the onion is very tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. remove the onion mixture from the pan; keep warm.
- 4Return the pan to medium high heat. add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan; swirl to coat. Add the green beans; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated; stirring frequently. Add the onion mixture and vinegar to the pan; cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, tossing to combine. Remove from the heat. Sprinkle with nuts, salt, and pepper. Serve immediately,