Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
How to Make Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots
- 1Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- 2Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- 3Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
(Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Wrap in paper towels; enclose in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate.)
- 4Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- 5Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- 6Discard all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat in skillet.
- 7Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- 8Add shallots and saute until tender and golden, about 4 minutes.
- 9Add beans and saute until heated through, about 6 minutes.
- 10Add bacon to skillet and toss to blend.
- 11Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 12Transfer to bowl and serve.