Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
2 1/2 lbgreen beans, trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
8 slicebacon, thinly sliced crosswise
3 Tbspunsalted butter
2/3 cshallot, finely chopped (about 4 large)
How to Make Green Beans with Bacon and Shallots
- Cook beans in large pot of boiling salted water until crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
- Drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Drain well. Pat dry with paper towels.
(Can be prepared 6 hours ahead. Wrap in paper towels; enclose in resealable plastic bag and refrigerate.)
- Cook bacon in heavy large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Transfer to paper towels and drain.
- Discard all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat in skillet.
- Add butter to skillet and melt over medium heat.
- Add shallots and saute until tender and golden, about 4 minutes.
- Add beans and saute until heated through, about 6 minutes.
- Add bacon to skillet and toss to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to bowl and serve.