Green Beans With a Touch of Honey and Almonds
How to Make Green Beans With a Touch of Honey and Almonds
- 1Clean green beans and remove stem ends.
- 2Heat 1 inch water (salted if desired) to boiling in 4-quart Dutch oven.
- 3Add green beans. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Boil uncovered 5 minutes.
- 4Cover and boil 5 to 10 minutes longer or until crisp-tender; drain well.
- 5Toss green beans until coated with honey mixture and almonds.
- 6Note: If fresh green beans seem more work than you’ve time for, you can use two 16-ounce bags of frozen cut green beans or French-style green beans. Cook as directed on the bag, then toss with the butter-honey mixture and sprinkle with almonds. Not as good but if your in a pinch it will speed things up.